Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Well, I survived last week! Let me just tell you...afternoon car duty is for the birds!! Really...there's like 6,567 (or 150) kids waiting to be picked up by their parents/guardians and then there's the "runner" teacher who goes out and reads the signs with the students name on the vehicle windshield and then she announces over this super loud speaker...the students then have to walk to the front, grab a teacher's hand (see, more touching!) and that teacher takes the student to ANOTHER teacher who then takes the child to their waiting vehicle. I'm sure it's great for parents but not so great for the teachers who have to sit in the gym with the students and wait! I have car duty every Wednesday after school and every other Wednesday before school!

Tomorrow I teach my first lesson to the class. I'm doing a sequence lesson using the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar book by Eric Carle. It's really cute and I even made the graphic organizer myself! Speaking of...guess I need to print that out before I forget. That would be just my luck! I'll let you guys know how it goes...

1 comment: