Friday, January 22, 2010

Old Enough To Be Your Mom

Well, I taught my lesson and it went well!! Except one part...which I hadn't written into my lesson plan...my mentor made a suggestion and I went with it and everything started falling apart...quick like! So, I had to think fast and pull everything back together again! Ugh, my suggestion to mentor teachers...don't suggest something when an intern is already in the middle of their lesson! Ha! The kids really loved the book! Everyone was excited to do the assignment I gave them...except ONE...he absolutely did not want to do it...even threw his pencil across the table and crumbled his paper. Awesome! I finally got him calmed down and told him it wasn't as hard as he thought...and he ended up finishing before his whole table!

My funny of the day was when one little girl said, "You're old enough to be a teenager!" Hmm, I'm old enough to be your mama honey, is what I thought!! I told her I was older than a teenager and she said "No, because you're still in school!" I tried explaining I was in college...not high school...but I just got a blank stare in return!

Next Wednesday I'm subbing for my mentor while she's at the college learning what to do with me! ;) I'm kinda scared!! I will be solely responsible for 18 little bodies ALL day...alone! Say a little prayer for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment